1. This is a piece of art and architecture; the entire space constitute the “toy”.
2. It is an abstract art that wish to inspire. The participates are also part of the art work.
3. This space is about taking risky, because challenges can be fun
4. The structure more bouncy and difficult than you think, please be careful!
5. For the best play experience, go bare foot (no socks). You may store your shoes in the shoe racks.
6. Please enjoy and take a lots of picture!
This is the "Yushan" of Chinese mythology, which is the residence of the Queen Mother. The warrior monkey Sun Wukong once played here.
This is architecture; it is also artwork and a very large toy.
Groundwork was commissioned by the Hong Kong government 18 months ago to conduct field research and advice on the future public playgrounds’ policies.
Future play spaces should be:
1) Simple and abstract.
2) Adventurous and artistic.
3) Beautiful; as they formed part of our civic prides.
Social and humanistic designs are the core works of Groundwork, thus, we feel obligated to be doing more for our future generation.
We are honored to have Eugene Leung, a musician, fashion designer and the co-founder of The Injury and FFFriday, to compose the background music for this space.