The Project tackles the delicate topic of integrating a contemporary artifact in the Old Town of Favara (Sicily), in a consolidated frame of row houses.
Knowing the urban tissue, the project management reveals a conscious contemporaneity, based on the building know-how and the ability to obtain high-quality housing outcomes, reflecting the evolving requirements and performances which merge into a complex dimension of the “physics of the building”. Giglia’s Project follows these parameters of attention, rationality and expressivity. The result is simply amazing: a white strong gem proudly set in the surrounding urban fabric – showing a low architectural value – linked with the city through small holes and scenic overlooks on the Old Town.
Material Used :
1. Marbles: Francolino Marmi Favara Ag
2. Building Materials: Limblici Antonio Favara Ag
3. Iron works: Lillo Grano Favara Ag
4. Construction Materials: Weber
5. Lighting: Flos _ Alessandro Scuderi
6. Stained glass: Antonio Patti Favara Ag
7. Resine: Arteviva _ Andrea Mantovani Firenze
8. Wood: Gianpiero Chianetta Favara Ag
9. Installations: Fratelli Patti Favara Ag