NILDO JOSÉ CREATES MODERN, INTEGRATED BUSINESS APARTMENT
Property is redesigned by the architect and gains contemporary and sophisticated look.
A businessman wanted to revamp his 130sqm apartment in Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, and transform the place into a modern, young and unconventional residence. The client was willing to invest in a sudden change to favor comfort and coziness. The task of the architect was Nildo José's office, which took into account the lifestyle of the residents and their habit of constantly receiving friends and family in the house.
After seeing some references, the architect opted for a space with a "vintage" atmosphere - 60s and 70s style - without giving up the contemporary language that is present in his projects. In addition, he chose cool furniture to make up the rooms in the apartment. The key point was to get out of sameness and look for innovative and unconventional solutions to make the environment welcoming, striving for elegance, integration and well-being. Those who enter the apartment come across a clean and minimalist hall, which has spot lighting and a burnt cement bench so visitors can take off their shoes before entering the house.
The social area of the apartment contains integrated living, home theater, dining room and lounge. The living comprises a concept of dialogue and connection to receive. The dining room has an eight-seater table. The home theater has low wooden floors and a comfortable modular sofa. The lounge is the ideal place for a coffee, with a sofa and armchairs, as well as a table made of woodwork. The kitchen is open and funky, blending rustic and modern with colors, design and materials. The green is on the hydraulic tile floor and the furniture joinery. To further integrate the space, Nildo designed for the cooktop a peninsula countertop that divides living and kitchen.
The highlight of the project is the pivoting doors that allow the integration of living areas with the suite, which in addition to a bed designed by the architect harmonizing with the green of the floor, also includes an office with armchair, a closet - over five meters wide, made in gray woodwork and tinted glass doors, which allow an internal view of the cabinet bringing practicality. And the bathroom, completely integrated into the environment, has the marble sink countertop suspended from the floor by a metal beam, which is anchored to the wall and fixed to the slab by a thin bar. A delicate, minimalist white frame separates the room into two cabins: one for the bath and one for the toilet.
The decoration of the apartment brings sensitivity and clarity to the environment, as well as balance and harmony. The integration, the contemporary style, and the right choice of furniture have made this apartment delicate and sophisticated.
Material Used :
1. DallePiagge– Green hydraulic tile floor
2. Basile Marcenaria – All woodwork in the apartment, doors, panels, etc.
3. Protécnica – Burnt cement bench in Entrance Hall and fireplace column in lowered floor Home Theater
4. Lighting fixtures - Luminata
5. Dpot – Dinner table base “Elipse” – Design byAlfioLisi
6. PérolaMármores: in “Calacata Paraná” marble: Dinnertable top, (Design by NJ+), bathrooms countertops, sinks and wall niches (Design by NJ+); in Caesarstone 4033 Rugged Concrete: kitchen countertops (Design by NJ+).
7. Dpot – Dinner chairs Omar – Design by Carvalho Leite
8. Stickbulb – “Sky bang” pendant – Design by RUX
9. Casa Mineira – Curtains and blinds
10. Breton – tea cart “Tum”
11. Mariposa Sofa - Vitra
12. Codex Home – pillows on couch and bed + blanket on couch
13. Dpot – “N” Armchair – Design by Zanine Caldas
14. JRJ Fabrics – Fabrics on Dinner Chairs upholstery, “N” Armchairs, beds and Home Theater sofa.
15. NJ+ - Round Coffee table in white lacquered woodwork – Design by NJ+, executed by Basile
16. Marché Art de Vie – Vase in coffee table
17. Flos – Parentesi lamp
18. Etel - “Kaixolla” – Design by Marcelo Cipis
19. Dpot – Girafa stool
20. Dpot – Armchair + ottoman “Mole” – Design by Sergio Rodrigues
21. Flos – Tab floor lamp
22. Gorenje – kitchen appliances – Gorenje by Starck collection
23. Etel Design – “Gávea” bar stools
24. Heloísa Galvão – Green vase on kitchen
25. Loja Teo –iron and reed stool
26. Trousseau – bedding
27. Artemide - Tolomeo Decentrata Suspension
28. Other vases – own collection (client and NJ+)& Marché Art de Vie
29. Costela Armchair – Client’s own collection
30. Office chair – Client’s own collection
31. Table lamp on office – Client’s own collection
32. Loja Teo – Stool/Side table wood trunk
33. Deca – Bathroom fixtures and faucets
34. Acessórios, Metais e Louças – Deca
35. Portobello Shop –matte white Metro tiles on batroom walls
36. Vidros Queiroz – Bathroom boxes and metallic frames