This was a remodel on a spec home that was already under construction, with the goal of customizing the existing plans to better match the owner’s needs. Our design team was tasked with alterations to the interior and adding exterior detailing, working closely with the homeowners and contractor to evaluate costs, feasibility of products, and detailing options for this project.
One example of an alteration was replacing the two large sliding doors with bi-folding doors that open from the corner. This allows for more fluid access between the living room and outdoor living area. In addition, this outdoor area was outfitted with a built-in BBQ grill and bench, as well as a custom covered awning allowing this important living space to be used in any weather. The exterior space was finished with cedar and fir for a warm, inviting aesthetic.
The overall color palette of the indoor living, kitchen, and dining areas are a crisp white, softened by natural wood and illuminated by natural light. What resulted was a customized home designed to suit the inhabitants’ lifestyle and aesthetic.
Material Used :
1. Doors: Door, Douglas Fir Bi-fold Door, Loewen Windows & Doors
2. Windows: Window, Aluminum EnduraClad Exterior WIndow, Pella
3. Washer: Laundry Washer, Family Size Laundry Washer W6424, ASKO
4. Icemaker: Icemaker, Clear Ice Maker Model CLR2160
5. Refrigerator: Refrigerator, 1175R, U-Line
6. Trim: Trim, T-Piece, Fry Reglet
7. Ceiling Fan: Ceiling Fan, Ball Hugger with Light, The Modern Fan Co.
8. Fireplace: Fireplace, L42DF Indoor, Montigo
9. Interior lighting:
Chandelier, Pallone Medium 14”, Prospetto
Ceiling pendant, Lift Pendant, Eureka
Recessed LED, Chroma R2, Bruck
Ceiling pendant, Zen, Alico
Wall Mount, Moonrise Classic, Eureka
Wall Mount, LED Mini Step Light, American Lighting
Ceiling Mount, Mini Button, Flos