At the confluence of the Circular Boulevard and the Esplanade of La Défense, the hotel focuses the glances of those who come from Paris towards LaDéfense.
A business district, an ideal location to welcome this prestigious Hotel, elegant and slender, which will stand out as « figurehead » of La Défense. This majorurban bastion will help to reinforce the view of this historical and famous axis.
The building imposes an emblematic figure of two associated yet distinct double layers in both length and height. The hotel asserts itself between volume and lightness.
The south facade, situated on the Esplanade next to the Takis Fountain, contains the majority of rooms. Its tilted angle projects the building in the direction of Paris.
The north facade declines gradually with the panoramic elevators and the complementary rooms to end in a bevel at the limit of the Boulevard.
All circulation to the rooms benefits from the natural light created by the architectural caesura of the building.
The Hotel summit includes a Fitness Center, as well as a Skyline Lounge & Bar offering a panoramic view of Paris. On the bottom, the Lobby Bar and Lounge, Meeting Rooms and the Conference Rooms mix to create a flexible event space including a large banquet hall as well as two Restaurant areas. Atits lowest level, road side, one can find access to taxis as well as parking.
The building is a glass prism, composed of fritted glass for the translucent parts and clear glazing for the transparent parts. The fritting on the glass decreases in a rhythmic progression as it approaches the top. Eventually, the transparent glass covers more area than the fritted glass. This creates more intimacy in the lower levels in connection with the square – while more views out to the city in the upper levels.
Glass elevators with large glazed columns form a permanent animation on the boulevard. Through movement of the cars, a noticeable kaleidoscopic game is created.
Material Used :
1. Elevators - KONE
2. Glazing - GUARDIAN SUNGUARD, SAINT-GOBAIN
3. Clouding - RINALDI STRUCTAL
4. Lamps - PHILIPS, THORN, METAL LIGHT, LUMIANCE, CARDELUM, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
5. Doors - GAROFOLI, MALERBA, PORTAFEU, GESOP, FORSTER
6. Splinde Drum - BOON EDAM
7. Ceiling- KNAUF, LAFARGE, ECOPHON, ARMSTRONG, ROCKFON, AMF
8. Toilet equipment, Stone floors - DESVRES, CARMAT, CERAMICHE REFIN, COLORKER, PAVIGRES, CERAMICA FUSARO, CASA DOLCE CASA,JACOB DELAFON, ROCA, MPI, GROHE
9. Partitions - PILKINGTON, PICCO MARTINI, ATELIER BOULLET
10. Mobile Walls - ALGA FLEX
11. Plasters partitions - PLACOPLATRE, SAS PROMAT, URSA, MASTERIMPACT
12. Carpet - ULSTER CARPETS, INTERFACE
13. Flexible covers - FORBO, GERFLOR
14. Covers - FORMICA
15. Furniture - KNOLL, LIGNE ROSET,
16. Fabrics - PIERRE FREY, DEDAL, KVADRAT,
17. Waterproofing - SOPREMA
18. Concrete - CEMEX