The client asked for our help in order to work on a recently acquired double apartment, previously connected by a door in the kitchen area. The bigger apartment (JM1 House) for him, the flat (JM2 House) to rent. We worked reducing the demolition works to minimum, concentrating in the renovation of spaces through gypsum board installations, carpentry works and new lighting installations.
One of the main elements to be modified was the round pillar structure in the entrance area, that was demolished to build a new gypsum board column with an enlightened space for indoor plants. The cut height permits to have a clear view on the whole room. The same concept has been applied to the corner niche, covered with oak panels. The niche behind the sofa has been modified in a neat shelves area with recessed strip led lights.
The bathroom has been completely renewed. The walls and floor are covered with 120x60cm slates from Florim, while in the floor-shower area has been installed the same material but with staggered strips laying. In the false ceiling we have installed stereo bluetooth audio system, along the perimeter groove runs the LED strip that creates a grazing light that enhances the veining of wall tiles. The bedroom is in dark gray in contrast with the white wooden furnishings and the yellow bed. The wardrobe with smoked mirror doors increases the perception of space. Lighting is entrusted to luminaires with sharp lines and interactive LED panels from Nanoleaf.
The terrace has been given a new life with the replacement of the existing flooring and the creation of custom-made metal flashings to cover the upper edges of the planters. These flashings host an RGBW led lighting system. All the LED lights of the external planters and the internal platform can be controlled by a wall-mounted control and smartphone app.
Material Used :
1. Doors from Doorlife mod. Anuba
2. Table from „La Seggiola“ mod. Enterprise
3. Chairs „La Seggiola“ mod. Kant
4. Bedroom wardrobe from Colombini
5. Light appliances from Sforzin Illuminazione
6. Wall-mounted WC and Bideet from Globo, mod. 54.35 Incantho
7. Bathroom floor and wall tiles from Florim, mod. Raw Tech Coal GRES RAW TECH COAL 120X60cm
8. Shower area tiles from Florim, mod. Raw Tech Coal staggered strips
9. Shower from Megius mod. Evo PB2
10. Taps from Ritmonio, mod. Haptic
11. Ceiling head shower from Ponsi
12. Hand shower from Ritmonio
13. Towel heater from Ercos
14. Kitchen hood from Elica mod. Hydra