This full refurbishment, located within an early Merchant Builder’s development, comprised a new kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, robes, study and overall space planning. All surfaces but the fantastic timber ceiling were updated. Here, our design intent was decisive from the get-go: try to be as sympathetic to the initial design (what’s not to love about the 70s!), while updating the space for current, and future, needs. We introduced earthy textures via a range of new materials; the existing, lush greenery outdoors was embraced, so aspects encouraging further interaction between interior and exterior set a precedent; and the existing carpet was pulled up to expose concrete which was then polished throughout.
Key to the success of this project was the client’s love of complementary details. It was a delight to curate appropriate light fittings, while selecting finishes with character.
- Dining table: Vintage Eames
- Dining chairs: Sourcedfrom In Good Company
- Bar stools: Sourcedfrom In Good Company
- Dining Table Pendant: Vintage from Radar
- Lounge Room Table Lamp: Vintage fromGrandfather’sAxe
- Lounge Room Floor Lamp: Vintage Sottsass
- Sofas: Living Edge
- Artwork: GraemeDrendel
- Stone: Arabescato
- Armchair: No. B9 Le CorbusierbyThonet
- KitchenPendant :Pendantfrom In Good Company
- Rugs: Cadrys