Construction has completed on Red House. Award-winning Waechter Architecture was given the challenge of breathing new life into an existing 1910 farmhouse-style building located in an urban SE Portland neighborhood. A balance between new and old was desired; memory of the original balanced with freshness and vitality of the new. The solution was to maintain the original form of the house but abstract it into a modern sculpture. Additional solutions were to re-imagine the interior as one main room per floor with support spaces surrounding it. This created a "thickened edge" around each main room. New windows were cut into this thickened edge with the glass set to the inside. From the outside, the two-foot deep windowsills give a carved out and sculptural appearance to the house. The exterior is painted a monochromatic red further giving the housean abstract sculptural quality.
Product Spec Sheet