The Barlassina Golf Club is located North-West of Milan in the Groane park.
The House and golf course were designed in 1956 by Luigi Vietti and John S.M. Morrison. Part of the house’s décor was designed in 1968 by Joe Colombo but, unfortunately, it is visible today only in period magazines.
The villa is one of a number of detached houses built for club members along the slope of the hill.
It was originally composed of two separate blocks, connected by a corridor that gave onto a central patio.
The first, two-story building hosted the living and sleeping area; the second, a small kitchen, a pantry and the servants’ quarters.
Our aim was to unify the two blocks by transforming the corridor into a linear kitchen opening out onto the inner patio and by making the other block into a small, separate guest flat.
The patio is conceived as a room just like the others, hence constructed and decorated with the same choice of materials as the interiors.
We used Vicenza stone for the flooring and facing, and walnut for the bespoke furniture. The large table is made of a single plank of prehistoric Kauri wood and the sofas are built on recovered Venetian dolphin structures.