Located just north of the Museum of Metropolitan Art this duplex is perched atop the trees of Central Park. Floor to ceiling views in the main living spaces and master bedroom provide unparalleled views of the park. Originally two apartments, architecture and interior design firm Workshop/APD completely renovated both spaces to create one family home fit for formal entertaining and their client’s day to day life with young children. Upon exiting the elevator, guests are met with a dark stained white oak entry foyer.
The kitchen, formal and informal living rooms, and dining room all located on the first floor of this apartment facing the park. Three children’s bedrooms are located in the back of the apartment, with two bathrooms and media room. Undoubtedly the main focal point of this home is the white and wood veneer spiral staircase that ascends to the upstairs master suite, located off the formal living room and upon entry from the foyer this staircase exemplifies Workshop/APD’s crafted modern aesthetic. The master suite features a large master bath, closet and bedroom creating a serene and private escape from the lower level. Paired with our clients own interior design this home is a quintessential Workshop/APD project with unique finishes and luxurious interiors.
Material Used :
1. NY Stone Manhattan – Master Bath Walls/Vanity – Honed Marble
2. Quartz Master – Kitchen Countertops – Poilished Quartz
3. Ann Sacks – Kids Baths Wall/Floor – Honed Marble
4. Town & Country – Kitchen & Bar Countertop – Polished Marble
5. Wolf – Double Oven – Kitchen
6. Subzero – Refrigerator/ Freezer – Kitchen
7. Miele – Dishwasher – Kitchen
8. Kreon – Single Ceiling Mounted Downlight – Throughout
9. Benjamin Moore – Wall & Floor - Throughout
10. Dornbracht – Master Bathroom – Handshower/Rain Shower/Drain