The project is alongside Bear’s Best golf course at the base of the Red Rock Mountains with views to the Las Vegas Strip. The site is split by a dramatic level change running from the front to back of the site. The design fits into the berm enabling a daylighting of all levels.
The design offers connections throughout to the exterior. Moving from space to space, one sees vast perspectives or framed views of the surrounding environment and manmade courtyards. The views culminate in a roof deck which offers unrestricted views to the mountains, course and valley below. The massing of the residence is connected through a material banding that folds from roof to wall to floor. The upper level is supported on rammed earth walls to form a grounding to the design.
1. KME – Facade Cladding – Tecu. Oxide Pre-Patinated Copper
2. Exposedstructural Walls - Rammed Earth
3. Exterior Walls – Dash Plaster
4. Cast-In-Place Concrete – Walkways, Driveway
5. Firestone– Roofing – Tpo Single-Ply Membrane With Pea Gravel Ballast
6. Louvertec - Louvers – Ipe Wood, Oiled Finish