This uniquely designed home provides a luxurious holiday retreat for European clients during the summer months.
The residence features a fluent open plan living that blurs the transition between interior and exterior. Level differences subtlety separate the large living area into lounge and kitchen/dining areas. The master suite is positioned to gain full views over Camps Bay and frame Lions Head while remaining private from the living area and the street. Two well appointed guest bedrooms are nestled onto the ground floor, fulfilling the clients‘ brief offering flexibility in terms of the number of guests accommodated, to feel full with only two not to feel too crowded with six guests.
Externally the main feature : a dramatic eyebrowspans across the entire first floor, framing the views from the rooms and balcony while providing a sense of the human scale in the expanse of sea and sky. In addition to the aesthetic value that the eyebrow provides, it’s also functions as a structural frame for vertical sliding screens which allow the terrace to easily convert itself into an external room whilst blocking the extreme western sun in the summer months.
The materials used for the exterior are bold, linear and aimed at requiring minimal maintenance, the colour palette is intended to contrast and compliment the 12 apostles in the background.
The clients requested a streamlined and minimalist design that takes full advantage of the spectacular site. The architectural palette featured neutral natural finishes, which the clients juxtaposed with strong colours for the furniture, their art and photo collections are on display throughout the house creating a living gallery. The site is situated on a steeply sloped erf while also adhering to strict height restrictions, sophisticated engineering solutions allow the house to nestle into the mountain creating exposed earth walls internally reinforcing the connection to the landscape.
- Field Family Cupboards – Joinery, Internal Doors, Fireplace & Timber Screens – Bespoke
- Field Family Cupboards – Kitchen Joinery & Dining Room Table – Bespoke
- Dekton - Kitchen Island –Sirius
- Dekton – Bathroom Basin - Sirius
- Mirage (Supplied by Tactile)– Internal/External Tile – Glocal/Perfect Collection
- Oggie – Engineered Oak Floor – 220 Collection
- Van Staden - Stone Cladding – Malmesbury Shale
- Chartwell Facades – Aluminium Feature Eyebrow
- Marmoran – External Wall Finish – Vertical Pattern Permacrete
- Midas paint – Interior wall and soffits – Midalux 230
- Alternative Concrete - Exposed Aggregate Driveway – Custom Mix
- Various – Sanitary ware – refer brochure
- Custom Corian Basins
- Innova Worx – Cast in Situ Stepping stones and External Stair.