Ultraconfidentiel completed the Design & Build of the new 54,000 sq.ft. Headquarters created for Khaitan& Co, one of the biggest law firms in India, in Max Towers (Noida)
It is well known that interior design has become one of the main tools of profound corporate evolution. Khaitan& Co, one of the largest and most prestigious Indian law firms took a leap forward by deciding to change the traditional concept of a legal office. Ultraconfidentiel, in charge of the complete Design & Build project, has translated this need for business growth into an uplifting, vibrant and contemporary design that still embodies the values and DNA of the historic company.
“The elegance of the essential”
The area dedicated to customers and meetings represents the maximum expression of the company. Traditional materials such as marble and dark wood combined with more modern finishes such as metallic laminate create a visual contrast that represents the tradition of the group projected towards the future. The welcome area is characterised by lounge waiting islands with perspectives towards the articulated composition of glass boxes dedicated to meeting rooms.
Corridors become an attractive space. A rhythm of glass partitions, opaque elements and natural green walls make the experience through the space exciting. The entire project was conceived as a serie of perspectives from different points of view that enhance the landscape, the architecture of the building and the design elements conceived.
“An exciting experience before the meetings”
The corridors reveal an incredible waiting lounge in the center of the area designed for customer meetings. The ceiling opens-up into a light installation which promises to make the waiting lounge a pleasant experience before a meeting. More than 300 thin luminous elements surround the waiting lounge. This area is visible from most of the meeting rooms, thus constituting the heart of the entire project dedicated to the client area, a formal and elegant space where the values of integrity and professionalism of Khaitan& Co emerge.
- The main USP of the project in relevance to the site topography and material selection - In this project, as in all our projects, the added value is in the complexity of simplicity. Clean and minimal lines that do not create confusion but make the spatial experience essential and meaningful.
- Engineering: The complexity of this project lies precisely in the simplicity. Obtaining a minimal look & feel involves a great design and technical effort. And all of this has to fit in with very tight project timelines. For this reason every detail has been studied before starting the construction site to avoid any delay in execution.
- Description of inspiration for this project - The inspiration for this project comes from site limitations and customer requirements. The need to have many meeting rooms and many storages meant that the concept was born from this. The entire design develops around a central core of laminated metal storages surrounded by transparent volumes of meeting rooms. A sort of contemporary and high-tech village with a selection of high-end finishes that make the customer experience for Khaitan& Co clients an amazing one.
- Specific challenges with the project - The advent of covid has certainly had an impact in our procedures. We had to gear up quickly to be able to keep the site safe and secure with all the safety devices as mandated by the local authorities.
1. Customized furniture : Haworth / BoConcept
2. Flooring : Bolon
3. Carpet : Interface
4. Glass Partitions : Kubik
5. Green Wall / Plants : Benetti
6. Rug :Kasturi Kraft
7. Sanitary Fixtures &Equipments :Kohler / Euronics