Residential building composed of three duplex apartments.
Given the narrowness of the plot, each apartment runs from one side of the building to the other, and expands on one and a half floors, fitting together like pieces of a Chinese puzzle.
All three-bedroom apartments benefit from both north and south orientations, with terraces overlooking the garden.
The use of the polycarbonate layer pursues several objectives:
- Polycarbonate has a long service life and is fully recyclable.
- The polycarbonate layer increases the energy performance of the building, it is also resistant to UV rays.
- The gap between the building and the polycarbonate layer ensures the continuous ventilation of the facade.
- The polycarbonate facade maximizes the flow of natural light into the bedrooms while providing privacy, through its translucency.
- While polycarbonate is usually used in industrial projects and is usually produced in mass, these manufactured elements can easily also be adapted to smaller-scale projects.
- Integrated here in a residential context, the polycarbonate layer offers an interesting contrast with the rest of the traditional and "heavy" materials.
Material Used :
1. STABILIT EUROPA / MODULIT 338LP 40mm - Polycarbonate - Facade cladding
2. KNAUF - building Insulation 120mm