ONE Putney, a landmark scheme in London, aimsat transforming a neglected stretch of the town centre while establishing a new dialogue for future developments along this main thorough fare.
Simultaneously mitigating the scale of the high street and the adjacent neighbourhood required a thoughtful response in order to create a well proportioned and well crafted building for the future.
The six-storey BREEAM Excellent building includes 15 residential apartments, a shared rooftop terrace and green roofs. The design plays with interlocking volumes, reinterpreting the original structure in a new way. Curved corners emphasise the continuous lines along the high street and Montserrat Road, activating more pedestrian space. Horizontal and vertical elements are formed from precast concrete, echoing townscape materials. Carefully respecting scale and the relationship between the high street and bordering residential road, the mixed-use development establishes a strong identity and active retail frontage, with the rear elevation stepping down to reflect the height of two-storey terraced housing behind.
Material Used :
1. Precast Concrete Façade System - Kingspan K15 Insulation, Halfen Concrete pre-cast systems, Siderise Perimeter Fire Stops / Fire Breaks, Caledan Stud and Track Infill System, cold rolled steel, Rock Wool Insulation - Rock wool to BS EN 13162, Kingspan Thermaline Super
2. Curtain Wall - Schueco FW50 Curtain Wall
3. Windows - Schueco Window AWS 75 SI
4. External Doors - Schuco ADS HD 75 (SBD)
5. Glass Supplier - Guardian Glass Clima Guard A 1.0, Double Glazed and Laminated Glass
6. Roof - Radmat PermaQuik System, Liquid Applied Hot Melt Monolithic Membrane, Med0 Green Roof System