Murman Architects won first prize in the interior design concept for the Quality Hotel View in march 2013. The hotel recently opened its doors for the first hotel guests this year january 11 th.
The winning hotel concept breathes “Skåne”-landscape (the landscape in south of Sweden), such as the yellow canola fields, newly plowed fields, white wash plastered facades and black timbered housings. Together with solid material as brass, steel and solid wood. This is reflected in the color and material in a timeless contemporary spirit. The hotel has 16 floors, in total 15,400 square meters and top floor suites with perhaps Skåne best view, overlooking the Öresunds brigde and gazing towards Denmarks coastline. The hotel is a complete conference hotel in the heart of the new Hyllie district in Malmö. Next door to the Malmö Arena, The massive shopping mall “Emporia” and in just minutes you reach Malmö City, Copenhagen or Kastrup Airport by train. About the process and design: The Team from Murman architect did all interior projecting and custom made interior design, such as:
- Planning and building Conference and Congress hall, walls floor, lightning, glasswalls, carpentry (colours and texture) plus design features.
- Lobby, Lounge, Bar, Bistro and Restaurant.
- Hotel rooms (304 rooms) and corridors.
- Unique sign conpect- designed by us. All room numbers and signs are concepted by us here.
- Custom made: Generally all furniture is specially designed for this hotel and custom made:
- Staircase in steel, 3 meter wide.
- Flooring and patterns.
- Custom made Buffet stand and tables, such as coffee tables and hotel room furniture. Cupbords and Wardrobes.
- Bed head, pillows (with prints). All textiles and rugs and carpets.
- Custom made glass and steel pivot doors (11 meters wide) leading in to the restaurant.
- Custom made lamps and fixtures to the hotel rooms – never seen on the market and unique to this hotel.
- Most lights and lamps are carefully designed by us at Murman Achitects (by Andreas Farkas here) and then produced by Frandsen Lightning – a Danish company. Other recessed lighting fixtures and pendants are from FLOS (Italian) / Ruben Lightning/ Niche Modern etc.
Our team here worked as a tight group led by: Marie Ebersdotter, directing managing interior architect who has a long experience with hotel project from before.
The team included: Marie Ebersdotter, Andreas Farkas, Emma Pålsson, Bo Nordqvist and Janne Ryghseter Bjelkmark.