Located at DLF Saket Place Mall in New Delhi, this Beer Cafe spans 1,700 square feet and was designed to be a casual hangout space for beer lovers. The target audience being on-the-go shoppers, this bar was the pilot for self-serving beer taps, popularly known as ‘Pour Your Own Beer’ (PYOB).
Being the pilot for PYOB, the interiors were designed by Studio Brickwood to reflect a modernised microbrewery vibe. Several elements, such as the barrel tops on the facade, the pipeline inspired ceiling design and graphical representations of the brewing process, subtly portray an illusion of a technologically upgraded brewery.
The total space was made up of two separate structural bays with varying levels. One of the bays was an older operational cafe, for which was required an entirely new concept for the renovation and expansion, making the seamless integration of the two bays challenging, particularly since the existing café had to be kept open for business throughout the fit-out procedure. The original design was to have an exposed ceiling with lighting conduits suspended to mimic the industrial piping in a brewery. However, the design had to be altered midway to facilitate the already running cafe. The alternate design solution showcased a drop ceiling with contrasting reveals to mimic the industrial piping instead.
Material Used :
1. Store / Cafe Facade - Powder Coated Hollow Steel Tubes (Jinadal Steel) + Custom Printed Wooden Barrel Tops
2. Flooring - Johnson Endura Tiles - Endura Designer Collection
3. Bar Facade - Custom black and white mosaic tiles - Johnson Endura Tiles
4. Bar Counter Top - Lacquered Sheet Metal
5. Walls - Rough POP - Sakarni POP
6. Doors - Laminated – GreenLam
7. Milwork Panelling - Stained Hardwood (Knotty Pine)
8. Wall Paint - Asian Paints - Apcolite Premium Emulsion
9. Decorative Lighting:
Custom designed by Brickwood419 Design - metal cage with Edison Bulbs.
Surface Downlights – Compact Lighting
Concealed Pot Lights – Compact Lighting
10. Ceiling - Gypsum Drywall Board - (Gyproc Saint Gobain) and Perforated Metal TBAR ceiling (Armstrong)
11. Architectural Hardware: Glass Door Patch Fitting – Ozone
12. Cabinet Hinges, drawer slides and Doorknobs – Hettich
13. All other furniture pieces custom designed by Brickwood419 Design and manufactured by Interiors Impact.