Two Rivers Meats is a butcher, charcuterie and restaurant concept developed to feature their organic local meats. Located in North Vancouver which developed as a working waterfront that left an industrial area along most of its shore. Two Rivers Meats set up its production facility in a generic warehouse building from the 1950's situated between the back of the malls and the waterfront industrial area. The concept evolved to include a licensed eat-in kitchen where their meats could be grilled over a wood fire. Opposite the butchery is the kitchen, clad in traditional butcher tiles. Though ubiquitous the layout was such that no tiles were cut, providing a subtle intentionality to the execution of the design. The exterior of the building has a pergola that runs the length of the building. The structure of the patio was used to rest a simple industrial sign at the scale of the mall signage nearby. The space has become a destination for the customers of Two Rivers Meats who appreciate the honesty and simplicity of the design and its surroundings.