The City Center, located in the city center of Dübendorf, was built in the 1970s and is in urgent need of renovation. The previous three-story building will be supplemented by a full floor and an attic. The recessed increase over the entire length of the building results in a new, high-quality cubic structure, which is further reinforced by the facade design with all-round parapets made of light, waved fiber cement and the wood-metal windows, which are highlighted in a dark grey.
The ground floor offers retail space, the upper floors are expanded to the north as office and service rooms and to the south with apartments. A 250m2 “green room” will be formed on the roof as an outside space for the residents.
Material Used :
1. Ventilated facade cladding – eternit wave, vulcanite grey
2. Roof garden – Jacob rope system, webnet
3. Sun protection – griesser, drop arm awning, off white
4. Floor – parquet oak and artificial stone
5. Wall stairwell – limestone concrete (sight)
6. Light stairwall – pendulum special light, moos licht