In the midst of an oasis of tranquil backyards of a typical Amsterdam building block, this beautiful 1920s educational building with originally overplus of storey height, spacious stairwells and generous corridors and classrooms has been transformed. Previous renovations have resulted in a messy outcome of rooms and booths and difficult disclosure .
We’ve brought back the original qualities and combine them with the wishes of modern Montessori education. We’ve realized extra classrooms, arranged as a concentration place. And in the central entrance hall you will find large learning blocks that can act as a closet, stand, classroom, stage, silence place, talk place, etc ... These reading and play areas, with specially designed cupboard furniture that give multifunctional qualities to the extremely high spaces that the building offers, stimulate the development and learning objectives of the children.
1. Aluminum Window frames/ (entrance & rear facade playground)_ Schüco AOC 50- Alesta Powder Coating, Shadow Grey woordwork inside Oregon Pine
2. Wooden boxes: 18mm plywood birch
3. Color-oil wooden boxes: Rubio Monocoat, color: Gris Beige, White Wash, Charcoal, Sunset
4. Cable net - Carl Stahl Benelux - X-TEND RVS316 Stainless steel
5. Door fittings sliding door in boxes (black/orange door) - Henderson type Pacer