Canopy House is a harmonious single storey extension to a Victorian double fronted weatherboard cottage. It demonstrates the potential for new additionsto respectfully and confidently sit within their context. Connections to landscape, daylight and peaceful everyday moments enhance this family home.
Restoration of the Victorian double fronted cottage to create new bedroom areas is combined with a new north facing living space at the rear. An intimate transition zone between these two areas allows each end of the house to respectfully sit alongside each other.The rear 4m high living spaces include expansive northern glazed areas and louvres for natural ventilation and morning light, which connect to a private garden protected by a dramatic folded external canopy.
”Considered proportion and harmony with existingelements form an integral part of ourpractice.” - Jade Vidal, project Architect
Material Used :
1. New weatherboards James Hardie Scyon Linea weatherboards
2. Sculptform spotted gum decking
3. Sculptform spotted gum exterior shiplap
4. External paint finish Wattyl Dhimba
5. Polished concrete floor by Mentone Premix
6. Signorino Vienna Terrazzo honed 400 x 400mm to bathroom floors
7. Wattyl Orchid interior paint
8. Mafi timber prefinished floorboard, 185mm widths Oak Country White Oil
9. New Age Veneers Melaluka to feature joinery
10. Feature stone elba marble honed finish