1. Most Important Goals
- Conduct a home, including medians, high and sustainable level bioclimatic, in a small town.
- Making a building with two interconnected houses, with a high level of natural lighting, despite the small size of the facade.
2. Architectural Solution
The site is irregular, and has a large building depth. For this reason it has provided a large central courtyard covered, in order to provide the central building overhead lighting that can illuminate the core of the building.
This central courtyard separates the living area of the area at night, and is the connection of the house with the roof garden.
It has made extensive use of glass in the interior of the house (floors, stairs, walls ...) to provide the highest level of natural lighting, despite the small size of the south facade.
3. Organic materials
1. Foundation and structure. Double-leaf walls and insulation. The inner blade is made out of wood-cement blocks (Durisols) of 20 cm. thick, and large format. The outer leaf is built with Trespa panels of 13 mm. thick, and natural stone. Inside the double sheet is a layer of hemp insulation 6 cm. and a ventilated air space of 3 cm. The floor is made out of prefabricated concrete slabs.
2. Exterior finishes Silicate paint. Trespa panels battens (Pacific Board) of 13 mm. thick and polished natural stone plates of 35 cm. * 200 cm., 4 cm. thick.
3. Interior finishes Vegetable paintings. Floors of polished marble, parquet and birch plywood, treated with vegetable oils. Double panel doors plywood, beech plywood, and treated with vegetable oils.
4. Cover Roof garden, with an average thickness of 30 cm. ground. Sloping based sandwich board comprising: Viroc top board (wood chips and cement) of 13 mm, bottom panel birch plywood 13 mm, and internal insulation hemp fiber 10 cm. thick. Based coating with a layer of rubber, and zinc coated sheet.
5. Other Polypropylene water pipes. Polyethylene drainage pipes. Energy-efficient appliances. Silestone kitchen countertops antibacterial. Walls and floors of high-performance glass (anti-scratch, slip, easy clean, special screen ...). Iroko wood carpentry treated with vegetable oils. Internal blinds Japanese cotton canvas. Sunscreens Iroko solid wood, treated with vegetable oils. All woods used have a certificate of origin with selective logging and ecological treatment (FSC).
4. Outstanding innovations
- Solar underfloor air conditioning (hot and cold) from two separate areas, fed by thermal solar collectors.
- De-humidification system for "Peltier effect", very low power consumption. The house has a perfect bioclimatic behavior, and in summer can offer, by itself, temperatures around 24 º C. However, as humidity is high, it is possible to lower the humidity inside the house using a simple mechanical system, and very low power consumption. This will improve the comfort level of occupants, without the need for mechanical air conditioning systems.
- Control system of direct sunlight in winter, through a mirror system located in the central courtyard of the building.