While different in personalities, the two brothers share a preference for a minimalist home with distinct elements. For the design of this 400m2 5-room resale apartment in Singapore, we proposed the use of the colour black as a thematic element given its toned-down masculine and modern qualities. The colour is strategically balanced with other contrasting blocks of colour such as blues and browns to break up the otherwise claustrophobic effect, creating spatial highlights against the overall neutral backdrop.
Minimalist yet sensuous, the design also addresses the homeowners’ storage needs and aesthetic tastes without feeling too confined. For one of the brothers who is passionate about cooking, additional storage spaces were created to store his vast collection of cooking and baking appliances – condensed into a space-conversing single, large tower as opposed to the conventional placement of cabinetry above the kitchen counter. Other interior interventions include the repositioning of the master bedroom to allow room for a vanity area located outside the original bathroom.
1. Bumi Megah Timber Wood - Supply Door Frame
2. AG Door Pte Ltd - Glass products
3. Arova Singapore Pte Ltd - Laminate
4. Blum South East Asia Pte Ltd - Hardware Item
5. Central Aluminium & Glass Construction Pte Ltd - Aluminium main gate
6. Choi Kien Peng - Tiles
7. Choo Chiang Marketing Pte Ltd - Electrical Material
8. Ellington Supplies & services - Vinyl
9. CKH Painting Service Pte Ltd - Painting
10. Admira Pte Ltd - Laminate