This project consists of 27 single-family dwellings built under a controlled-price regime, and the basic aim was therefore to optimize its costs effectiveness. The design, based in the vernacular houses of this region of Azores, seeks to enhance the versatility of uses and subsequent potential modifications to the physical features of the spaces. The operation area, which has a gentle eastward slope down to the lake, covers13.202m2, inserted in a transition zone of the Vila das SeteCidades. The elongated trapezoidal allotment has a street with a line of two-story buildings on its western side, agricultural plots to the north and east, and a forested area with no buildings at all to the south.
Material Used :
1. Cast in Situ Pigmented Concrete – Façade + Roof
2. Radcom–Concrete Waterproofing
3. Plaster Board – Inside walls
4. Ceramic Tiles 60x60cm, Series Lava Collection by Recer - Floor
5. White tiles, Series Architect Collection by Cinca 5502 – Kitchen Walls and Toilets Walls