Nestled in a quiet bay, the property features an open plan and floor-to-ceiling windows to maximize the incredible views. Olson Kundig’s architecture and warm palette - old, rush, dark metal, set against the lush blue, cool bay, set the tone for the palette, materials and pieces. Lauren Geremia and her team designed the home's interiors to suit the owner’s active lifestyle and love of the outdoors.
The Writer’s Cabin on the property, a 500-square-foot glass guest cottage, is surrounded by three wooden decks that, through a system of hydraulic winches, wire rope, pivoting sheaves and lead blocks, can be raised to serve as shutters, making the space at once connected to the surrounding landscape, and easily secured when not in use.
The client is an active executive, who loves hiking, kayaking and crabbing. An avid host and cook, he wanted a home that was comfortable for entertaining and a showcase for his growing art collection, including pieces by local artists Amir Zaki, Paul Jacoulet, and Andrew Moore.
- The steel front door pivots to reveal John Eric Byers’ iconic block bench in blackened maple and a “Seeing Glass” art mirror piece by Sabine Marcelis.
- The Olson Kundig-designed kitchen features green soapstone countertops and oak veneer cabinets, with Olson Kundig hardware.
- In the dining room, a Wintercheck Factory Light sits atop a credenza by Wüd Furniture. Iron and saddle leather Casamidy chairs surround the Nolan Dining Table by Troscan Design. The fixture is Mary Wallis’s Melbourne 3-Tier Pendant in matte black.
- Double high windows in the living room showcase the picturesque bay and illuminate the silk Tai Ping rust carpet. Coffee Bean tables by by Holly Hunt sit next to a custom Living Divani sofa. The open shelving credenzas were designed to align with the window mullions. Laurier Blanc acrylic glass Hekla Side Table & Stool, embedded with burnt wood trunk, with accents of resin, compliments the Taylor Forest club chair, beneath the Amir Zaki photograph.
- The master bedroom features a custom leather and steel bed, a collaboration by Geremia and fabricator Tod Von Mertens, and a rolled steel and Thassos marble fireplace. A vintage Pamono club chair sits next to the hearth.
- The guest cabin features Made in Ratio’s sculptural Cowrie Chair, TRNK Truss Sofa, leather ottomans from Jayson Home, Holly Hunt’s Pattern Floor Lamp, TRNK sculptural side table, and the Rodan Coffee Table by Pinch.